The second workshop in the YOF Capacity Building Series in August, 2015 Guest Facilitated by Patrick Warner focused on Financial Management for youth-led groups. The session aimed to develop skills with-in youth-led groups so they can utilize simple financial tools for non-profits and efficiently run their initiatives. This was achieved through knowledge sharing and live practice of financial templates.
Toolkit Learning Objectives:
- Become familiar with basic bookkeeping
- Practice using simple financial management templates
- Learn about financial reporting
Financial management can be scary. Building budgets and reporting on expenses is not something we’re taught in school but it applies in so many places in our lives—including our work at grassroots organizations! This toolkit provides processes and insights on how to make sound financial decisions at your organization based on your organization’s mission, mandate, and past experiences with funding. With these new skills you will learn how to develop budgets that will be realistic and ensure you’ve allotted the resources to deliver on your work in the community.
• To learn some key financial terms and what they mean for your budgets
• To understand and apply processes for building organizational budgets
• To utilize tools to support budget development in your organization