How can I complete the application?
- Due to social distancing protocols, this year we will only be accepting online submissions.
When is the deadline for the Scholarship Application?
- July 31, 2020, at 6:00 pm
How long will it take for me to hear back from the Scholarship Committee on whether I have received the money or not?
- The Post Secondary Case Lead - Maria Commisso Parise will send you a confirmation email by August 17, 2020.
Does the money go directly to the college/university/vocational school?
- The cheque would be made payable to the Scholarship winner’s name.
If I am unable to be present at the event to get my cheque is there an alternative way?
- Yes, the Post Secondary Case Lead - Maria Commisso Parise will contact you to set up a date and time on when you can pick up your cheque.
How many years has FYI been awarding scholarships to youth in the YSW community?
- For Youth Initiative (FYI) has been awarding scholarships for over 15 years.
Who is eligible to apply for the Scholarship?
- Anyone who lives, works, goes to school, or volunteers within the York-South Weston region.
If I have a question, concern, suggestion, and or complaint, who can I contact?
- Feel free to contact Post Secondary Case Lead - Maria Commisso Parise via Instagram @fyi_maria or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I include any name on the applications?
- No, the name on the application must match the name you have on your bank account.
I am unable to cash the cheque as the name on the cheque does not match the name on my bank account.
Please notify Post Secondary Case Lead - Maria Commisso Parise as soon as possible, via email: email@example.com
Can someone pick up the cheque on behalf of me?
Provided the recipient contacts FYI prior to the event in writing let us know that you would like to authorize for someone else to pick up the cheque. In which they also have to provide a valid Government ID on the date they come to pick it up.
What happens if I don’t have all the required documents needed for the application?
- If you do not have access to all the required documents, please contact Maria Commisso Parise @ firstname.lastname@example.org to troubleshoot the issue.
Can I still apply if I am studying part-time?
- Yes, you can be studying Full-Time or Part-Time, we only require that you have a start date of September 2020.
Do you accept any hard copy supporting documents (i.e acceptance letter, creative submission, reference letter and/or transcripts)
- At this time, due to Covid-19 safety measures in place, we will not be accepting hard copies of any supplementary documents or submissions.