Shaneeza Nazseer Ally published Placement Student - Programs Assistant in Work at FYI 2017-02-28 10:32:41 -0500
Shaneeza Nazseer Ally published Apply Today! Youth Summer Jobs in Apply Today! Youth Summer Jobs 2016-06-14 13:46:45 -0400
Communication and Administrative Assistant
Hourly Wage Rate: $11.25
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- This position works closely with the management team on developing efficient communication tools to accurately represent FYI to its various stakeholders to ensure greater understandings of its programs and services and their needs.
- Develops creative strategies to ensure that FYI's website functions as an effective communications and marketing tool
- Implements necessary changes to the website on an ongoing basis
- Develops and implements a process for the collection of web material within the FYI staff and volunteer teams to ensure website content remains current
- Revival/creation and maintenance of social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
- Provide expertise to the changing social media trends of youth
- Develop and maintain customized media lists
- Provide writing support for internal and external communication materials.
- Support the Executive Director with coordinating meetings, events and other such activities
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Level of Education of the student: Post-Secondary (Community College, CEGEP, Technical Institute, University)
You MUST be available for:
- An interview: on Tues. June 21, Wed. June 22 OR Thurs. June 23, 2016
- Work dates: Monday to Fridays from Monday, July 4, 2016 to Friday, August 26, 2016
If selected for an interview, you will be called by: Monday, June 20, 2016
If selected for the positions, you will be called by: Monday, June 27, 2016
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
deliver to For Youth Initiative – Administration Office at 1652 Keele St
Are you a student thinking of applying for the FYI scholarship?
Youth aged 16-29 who are attending/will attend a Canadian university in the 2019-2020 academic year and live, work, volunteer, and/or go to school within York-South Weston are eligible to apply! Preference will be given to youth actively involved in FYI programs.
The 2019-2020 application is due Friday, August 23, 2019 at 6:00pm.
Access the online application here.
Access a printable application here.
Want to contribute to our scholarship campaign?
Since 2005, FYI's Scholarship Program has given over $50,000+ to 41 youth. Celebrate this achievement with us - DONATE to our 2019-2020 Scholarship Campaign and help us reach our goal of $25,000!
The FYI Scholarship program, now in its 14th year, is in commemoration of Jamal Hemmings and Amon Beckles, Toronto youth who were lost to gun violence in November 2005. Jamal and Amon were participants in FYI’s daily programs and will be remembered for their positive, vibrant personalities and dance skills. The FYI Scholarship Program supports our community’s youth towards a brighter future through funding support for various forms of education including: college, university, training, trades, and certificate programs.
How does donating to the FYI Scholarship fund make a difference?
Your donation can have a huge impact on a youth's ability to pursue a postsecondary education! Here is what past winners have had to say about how receiving the FYI Scholarship is important to help youth who are seeking a postsecondary education:
"Receiving the FYI Scholarship is important to help youth seeking to access post-secondary education because it helps to relieve some of the financial burdens associated with pursuing post-secondary studies, especially considering the high costs of tuition today. Instead, it allows youth to focus on completing their studies. The FYI Scholarship is also a great motivator and encouragement for youth to stay in school, particularly for those who are the first in their family to pursue post-secondary education." -Judy 2017 FYI Scholarship Winner
"It is important to help youth seeking access to postsecondary education because it encourages them to keep doing what they are doing. For them to know that they are taking a big step towards their future and that they are supported wholeheartedly. Youth need to be encouraged to achieve their goals of going to postsecondary and realize that it is possible. This will also help them achieve other goals in life and also encourage youth like them as well." -Deneisha 2017 Scholarship Winner
2017 FYI Scholarship Winners at York-South Weston community Slam Jam event!
Want to contribute to our scholarship campaign?
DONATE to our 2019-2020 Scholarship Campaign and help us reach our goal of $25,000!
Any questions, concerns, or requests to make a donation:
Shaneeza Nazseer Ally wants to volunteer 2014-07-10 11:18:10 -0400